‘Asbestos’ can be defined as a cluster of fibrous minerals, coated on materials to protect them from fire and also, strengthen them. There’s a dire need for asbestos abatement because when asbestos is inhaled over a decent period, asbestos fibers can cause deadly illnesses including Asbestosis, Ovarian and Laryngeal Cancers, Lung Cancer, Mesothelioma, Pleural Thickening, etc. Asbestos use is strictly prohibited in 50+ countries, however, Asbestos use in the United States is still legal, and therefore, one of the safest ways to not expose oneself to hazardous Asbestos fibers, the person must hire an Asbestos Removal Oxford Company.
Now, let’s see what protocol and procedures top asbestos abatement companies across the globe follow.
Since, different states around the world follow distinct procedures, different set of rules and regulations when it comes down to Asbestos Abatement, the first and foremost task that the client must do is to confirm the Asbestos removalist’s credentials and authenticity before letting him start the procedure. The removalist must have the following credentials: –
- Proper licensing – The individual must have legit licenses and legal registrations within the jurisdiction to carry on with the rest of the abatement procedure.
- Insurance – The removalist has to take care of the liability insurance in case he/she ends up damaging or ruining the employer’s property or anyone else’s for that matter.
- Experience – In the past 12 months, the individual should have had some considerable amount of training working as a supervisor or contract manager.
- Medical Fitness – In the past 12 months, the worker must have taken a medical test, claiming that he/she is medically fit to work.
- Equipment Testing – Equipment brought by the worker must be DOP AND PAT certified.
Step 1: No Entry for Anyone Except the Abatement Team
The first and foremost step involves securing and containing the affected area. This is done in order to protect the living beings around them from being contaminated by Asbestos. The method of sealing the operational area is generally done through duct tapes and polythene film. Also, this helps the technical teamwork in a quiet and peaceful environment.
Step 2: The Clean-Up Process
Specialized Vacuum cleaners and negative air pressure machines are put to use during and post Asbestos Abatement procedure. Clean-up is one of the most essential parts involved in the removal process to decontaminate the containment.
Step 3: Preventing the Outside Air from Getting Contaminated
It is exceedingly crucial for the abatement staff to contain the area entirely, without even letting air from the outer atmosphere enter the containment because that would poison the air and due to the free airflow, breathing the air can cause people and other living beings to get afflicted with serious illnesses.
Step 4: Performing the Asbestos Abatement Process.
The Asbestos Abatement process consists of the following routine: –
- Discussing the Plan.
- Seizing the Affected Territories.
- Setting Up A Proper Operational Arena.
- Removing Asbestos.
- HEPA Vacuuming.
- Ultimate Cleaning.
- Following the Post Cleaning Protocols.
This is how the top asbestos removal companies pull off this challenging and life-threatening task.