Citroen Berlingo is a panel van and leisure activity vehicle produced by PSA Peugeot Citroen. The first production of this vehicle started in 1996. There are three generations of cars sold by them. The latest third generation is on production and sales from 2019.
Panel Vans are cargo-based vehicles built on the passenger car chassis. They have only one row of seats with no windows at the back. In the third generation of Citroen berlingo cars, passenger cars are available under the name Berlingo Multispace and Partner Combi, Partner Tepee, and Peugeot Rifter. These cars are produced in CNG, electric versions, and 4-cylinder petrol and diesel engines.
Versions and features:
- When these cars were introduced in 1996 in Paris Motor show, three variants were introduced namely
- Berlingo Coupé de Plage
- Berlingo Berline Bulle
- Berlingo Grand Large
- The above three versions form the first generation of Citroën Berlingo.
- They became a hit as soon as it was launched owing to its less price in the cargo vans.
- It is a front-wheel drive, 5-speed manual gearboxes, 4-cylinder multipoint injection system, wheels with disc brakes.
- A redesigned interior and front-end models were released in the year December 2002, which forms improvement in the first generation of these cars.
- The engine got changed to support better performance and lower fuel range consumption.
- Bigger headlights, stoplights, upper and lower grille were also changed in the cars released in 2002.
- Other specifications remained the same as the first generation wheel with 4-cylinder engine, front-wheel drive, multipoint fuel injection system.
- The vans are designed to run on petrol, diesel, CNG, and electric.
- The electric version of this car is sold in the market from 2013.
- To introduce a light utility vehicle to be used for both commercial and family car, Citroen Berlingo Multispace and Peugeot Partner were made.
- The look of the car was not so attractive, but it turned out to be a spacious car, which boosted its sales.
- The sliding doors were still used in these vehicles to fit it to be used as a family car.
- The flat floor eased the movement of good in and out of the car.
- The rear seat was designed so that it could be comfortably reclined.
- The rear seat can be folded if a heavy product is to be transported.
- The car was designed as 7-seater.
- This car was designed with 6-speed manual gearboxes.
- The second-generation cars were produced in the year 2015 with design alterations according to trend while retaining the space and comfort.
- It has redesigned bumper, grille, headlights, fog lights and LED daytime running lights.
- It also included the latest features like cruise control, auto headlights, hill start assist, Speed limiter, Rear parking assist, a rear-view camera, and it also has a 7-inch infotainment system.
- The third generation of Citroen Berlingo is released in the year 2018 with various changes.
- These cars still have slide doors. Citroën Berlingo is one of the leading car manufacturers for cargo-based vans.