What should you pay attention to? Is the neighborhood to your liking, for example close to a supermarket or a primary school? What about maintenance? Read this blog and take this checklist with you. Then you know exactly whether it is time to make an offer. Make a visit to https://www.winstonsalemhomes4sale.com/ to know the best of the lot there.
Motivation to relocate
Gaining background information from the seller can become an important consideration when bidding. What are the reasons for the seller to move? Is the house simply too small or too large or is the neighborhood not pleasant to live in? Ask the broker or sellers for the reason for selling and you can include this in your negotiations.
- Why is the seller moving?
- Has the house been on sale for a long time?
- How long did the seller live in the house?
- When will the property be available?
Location, location, location
This is a widely used slogan in homeland. Because the location is very determining value for a house, good preliminary research is essential.
- Safe and quiet
- How do you feel in the neighborhood of the home?
- What do you think of the people walking around?
- Would you feel safe at night?
- How much noise (nuisance) is there from highways, planes or trains?
- Facilities close by
- Are there good schools in the area?
- Is there a supermarket within walking distance?
- Are there nice restaurants in the area?
- Are there parks or playgrounds nearby?
Drive once in the evening through the neighborhood and past the house to see how busy it is here in terms of parked cars. Is it very busy? Will you soon have to search for a parking space after a busy working day? And can your visitors park their car?
The municipal plans can increase or decrease the value of the home in the future. It is therefore important that you find out what the plans of the municipality are for this neighborhood. Will new schools, apartment complexes or supermarkets soon be added?
Exterior of the home
It is also important that you view the condition of the exterior of the home during a first viewing. The architectural quality is very difficult to assess by home seekers. Therefore, have a structural inspection carried out later to get more clarity about the condition of the house.
- Are the walls and roof in good condition?
- How old is the roof?
- What is the condition of the jointing work?
- Is the foundation adequate?
- Is the property skewed?
- Are there cracks in the outside facade?
- Window frames
- Are the frames in good condition?
- What is the condition of the woodwork?
- Is there double glazing everywhere?
- Have improvements been made to the exterior of the home recently?
- Is there an extension or a new roof?
- When was the painting done for the last time? (Painting must be done every 5-7 years.)
- What is the condition of the installations?
- Are there enough groups?
- How old is the central heating boiler? (A central heating boiler lasts an average of 15 years.)
- Is there asbestos present in the home? (Asbestos occurs in the home until 1990.)
- Is there an underground tank in the garden?
Neighbors can strongly influence living pleasure. Therefore, do not be shy to also visit the neighbors and have a chat with them during a viewing. For example, explain that you are thinking of buying a property in this neighborhood and that you are curious about their experiences in the neighborhood and street.